3/26/2014

Related cycling crew : Heart Rate

0 commentaires

By Bryan Pav


Posted Pav Bryan


Heart rate monitors are used for several reasons, to monitor times of stress to calculate calories burned , to define areas of training , and more. So get one that works is important.


I use mine to collect information on the efforts and calories burned , and I used a couple of models and types. Unfortunately, not all are great, some are terrible, and there’s only one of each type is recommended.


I will start my explanation of both types. Ant + is a system that uses technology ” open access property multicast sensor networks wireless ” or radio waves , as is my understanding! Allows wireless data transfer between two units, in this case the heart rate monitor and Garmin device (other devices are available – I have used Garmin Edge 500) There is a protection service so anyone can see your data , and here it is the only true . problem with it . If you are on your own and you will connect the monitor to the device that is fine, but when a group of your device will detect all and then give you the option is yours. This election is a number serial device , again not a simple as it sounds , since the number can be found in the box, so if you are sure that you will fight . another problem, if you want to call so, is that Ant + is not widely used in smart phones ( I have an iPhone – do not know if I Ant + is available on other devices ) , so if you want to link Ant + heart rate monitor smartphone that requires an adapter. However, if you ‘re like me and you are in very long walks , chances are that your phone battery does not last the distance . Anyway , this is just an inconvenience to connect your Garmin GPS to your laptop to transfer data , and in my experience my Garmin is much more accurate than my phone.


The second type of connection is more widely known. Bluetooth has been around for centuries. Chances are that you have a smart phone that connects to the car stereo , stereo, headphones , and so on. Again, as Ant + is therefore not protected anyone can see , but once you have linked once their devices must be connected immediately eliminates the problem with Ant + where you can have a group of monitors runners heart rate to choose from. My Garmin Edge 500 does not bind to any Bluetooth device, but I think the new models of this (not to mention all other devices ) require . The problem with the connection to a phone that is, as mentioned above, the phones seem to be much less accurate than the Garmin ( or more) devices . Some drivers use phones that I ride with , complete with ridiculously large total Strava lifting from me . And I ‘m sure you have all the segments that are close to Cat 4 but perfectly flat ? I think it is a smart glitch to do with how the phone connects to the GPS .


So now I ‘ll talk about some of the problems I had with heart rate monitors . When I was using Bluetooth all the time HR Monitor began with blue overalls . I used it a lot and I was very happy for long. However, after a while I started having trouble linking my phone, and finally not at all. I want to change the batteries and it might help for a while , but eventually had to give up. Not willing to give Wahoo got a second, so does the second. Maybe I’m unlucky , but I will not spend more Wahoo .


Then I got a Topeak Bluetooth monitor. Unless you have a holder for your phone on the handlebars (which I would not recommend after my iPhone 4 is a 30 mph on the road on the first trip I used ) is likely to have the phone in the pocket jersey . The problem with the unit was that Topeak tried the screen in front of my body and the phone in the back pocket is not connected. Although it is a little over 70 kg , the Topeak unit could not connect through me, toward the back of the shop that was then. So I tried a Polar Bluetooth unit . No problems , very happy, and connects every time, but went ahead .


Now I really use my Ant + heart rate monitor Garmin Edge 500 device . Mainly because it is easier , more accurate, and even when I got my phone with tracking my career would Garmin handlebar anyway. Thus, the Ant + device is actually using a Garmin device as it was more expensive, but I had several years , had no problem, and I ‘ve never had to change the battery. There are probably charging devices out there that are good, but I can not blame the Garmin unit I have. Therefore , I recommend that the monitor you should buy if you want one. You can pick one up for about £ 40.00 by the average price , so basically if you are looking for one, buy it!


Pav


Pav Bryan – Owner & Coach

Pav Bryan bike trainer

Advanced Testing and training Wattbike


http://www.pavbryan.com



The post Related cycling crew : Heart Rate appeared first on downshar.com.






Related cycling crew : Heart Rate



via downshar http://ift.tt/1ju0ydU

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire